- 'Titania of Titchwell Marsh' [25/2012] published in #184 Reach Poetry, Indigo Dreams Publishing.
- Placing in 'The Box' for Reach Poetry 2013: Joint 5th in Highest Cumulative Points Throughout 2013 category ... and Joint Runner-up with Bernard M. Jackson and Jim Bennett in Highest Number of Appearances in 'The Box' category.
- Attended a workshop by Geraldine Green on the Shotley peninsula.
- Read 'The Mouse Replies' [17/2009] (in answer to Robert Burns' poem addressed to the mouse) and 'The Ceilidh House' [47/2009] at Arlington's Poetry Cafe (Ipswich).
- Read 'Moonshine' [32/2010] (about the Snowy Owl in Cornwall) at Browsers' Bookshop Poetry Cafe (Woodbridge).
- Attended a study day on 18 January 2014: 'An Introduction to Beowulf and Sutton Hoo', part of the Wuffing Education scheme by Dr Sam Newton, at Sutton Hoo, site of the Anglo-Saxon ship burial.
- Wrote book review for Immagine & Poesia. The Movement in Progress by Lidia Chiarelli (Cross-Cultural Communications, New York).
- 'Tanka: elemental' [17/2011] published in Star Tips #99 (ed. Wendy Webb).
- Launch of Slants of Light, Paragram competition anthology on 14 February at the Poetry Place, 22 Betterton Street, Covent Garden, London. The anthology contains my poem, 'Meteor Shower' [20/2013].
- 'Rising Tide' [17/2013] published in #186 Reach Poetry, Indigo Dreams Publishing.
- Launch of so too have the doves gone, a poetry anthology of reflections on the theme of conflict edited by Pam Job and Judith Wolton. Essex Book Festival event. The anthology contains my Edward Thomas tribute poem, 'Literally, for this' [8/2011], which I read at the event.
- Antologia Revistei Orizont Literar Contemporan (ed. Daniel Dragomirescu, Romania), 4. Interviuri Interculturale; Caroline Gill interviews Martin Locock, Poetry from Strata Florida. The feature includes my poem, '1st May: Red Kite at Strata Florida' [10/2008] and a Romanian version, '1 Mai: Zmeu Roşu în Strata Florida', translated by Iulia Andreea Anghel at the University of Bucharest.
- 'Strayed Sheep on our English Coasts' [24/2012] published in Pre-Raphaelite Poetry II (2014), ed. Dr Serena Trowbridge in association with the Pre-Raphaelite Society. See the painting that inspired the poem here.
- 'Sea Star' [6/2014] published in Star Tips #100 (ed. Wendy Webb).
- 'Elegy for Idris Davies' [55/2001] taken by Quill and Parchment (ed. Sharmagne Leland-St John-Sylbert).
- Wivenhoe Launch of so too have the doves gone
- UCS-SPS student and community workshop, Ipswich.
- Scott Polar Research Institute (Cambridge University) course/residency day with the Poetry School.
- 'Lighthouse Closure' [28/2013] published in #188 Reach Poetry, Indigo Dreams Publishing.
- UCS-SPS workshop based around so too have the doves gone
- 31 May: Participated in the 1st Suffolk Poetry Society Festival, including the launch of so too have the doves gone, a poetry anthology of reflections on the theme of conflict edited by Pam Job and Judith Wolton. Essex Book Festival event. The anthology contains my Edward Thomas tribute poem, 'Literally, for this' [8/2011], which I read. I was also one of three readers representing Arlington's Poetry Cafe, and read 'Isabella Tiger Moth greets the Woolly Bear Caterpillar' [42/2009] (from The Holy Place) and 'The Cheerful Chocoholic Woman goes Exploring' [12/2003] (from Hidden Dragons).
- Submitted work for course eBook, at the end of The Poetry School: Behind the Scenes of the Scott Polar Research Institute course/residency.
- 3 June: read 'Lament of a Lewis Chessman' [23/2010], 'Elusive Friend' [17/2005] and 'Ode to our Treasure Keepers' [7/2005] at Arlington's Poetry Cafe.
- Two poems, [16/2013] and [17/2009], accepted by Reach Poetry.
- 'Letter from the Bush' [7/2012] (rhino) and 'Muffled Drum' [4/2005] (tiger) included in Restless Bones (compiled by Elaine Christie and edited by Jacqui Rowe). The anthology will raise awareness and funds for The Born Free Foundation.
- 'The Mouse Replies' [17/2009] (a Robert Burns tribute poem) published in Reach Poetry #191 for August 2014.
- Read 'The Mouse Replies' [17/2009], 'Preseli Blue' [33/2005] and
'Trade Winds' [33/2009] at the Annual Poetry Event, Walpole Old Chapel, Suffolk.
- Poems written earlier this year during the collaborative project between the Scott Polar Research Institute, University of Cambridge, and The Poetry School, are now online. These poems, including my 'Chattermarks' [13/2014] and 'Pepys Island' [12/2014], can be found on The Poetry School Campus site in an eBook entitled Sharpened into Absence, produced by Julia Bird of The Poetry School. I read these poems at Arlington's Poetry Cafe on 5 August 2014.
- Joint 2nd Prize in the Metverse Muse (ed. Dr H. Tulsi, India) International Fixed Form Competition for Sonnets (Petrarchan and Shakespearean).
- Attended Winchester Poetry Festival. Read my Edward Thomas tribute poem, 'Literally, for this' [8/2011], at the launch of so too have the doves gone, a poetry anthology of reflections on the theme of conflict.
- Read my poems, 'Chattermarks' [13/2014] and 'Pepys Island' [12/2014], from Sharpened into Absence at the launch of the Autumn Programme for The Poetry School. Launch event in Lambeth. Also read 'Ice Dance' [21/2014].
- Read 'Ice Dance' [21/2014] at Arlington's Poetry Cafe.
- 'The Mouse Replies' [17/2009] (my Robert Burns tribute poem) published in Reach Poetry #191 for August 2014 was voted Third Best Poem in the issue.
- My photo of Carlton Marshes (Suffolk Wildlife Trust) has been used as a website header by Waveney Bird Club.
- My 'Haiku: St Valentine's Day' [45/2004] has been translated into Romanian by Professor Olimpia Iacob and published in #7-8 of Acolada (Revista Lunara de Literatura şi Arta) on p.23.
- My photo-art, 'Inverted Cloud: Fritillary Butterfly on Raasay', has been included on the 'Immagine e Poesia' online exhibition of images in response to 'Took the seashore road' by Lawrence Ferlinghetti. The exhibition is curated by Lidia Chiarelli. Click here ... and scroll down.
- 'Dragonfly Dance' [13/2013] published in Metverse Muse (#35-37, 2014-2015).
- National Poetry Day readings in Suffolk (Ipswich and Woodbridge) on the theme of 'Remember' on 2 October 2014. Poems read: 'Poldhu'[3/2003], 'Migrant Hawker' [23/2012], 'Tide Mill Log Book, 1880'[19/2013] , 'Swansong'[2/2003] , 'Boat House Cat' [38/2003], 'Mah-Jong: Clattering Sparrow'[12/2005] .
- 'Haiku (Valentine)' [45/2004], has been published in Lumina Care Cântă/The Light Singing, a bilingual anthology from Romania edited by Olimpia Iacob and Jim Kacian. The book contains work by Peter Thabit Jones of The Seventh Quarry (including a Dedication to Aeronwy Thomas) and Lidia Chiarelli of Immagine & Poesia. My Haiku has been translated into Romanian by Olimpia Iacob. It also appears in its original English.
- 'Siesta' [16/2013] published in Reach Poetry #193 for October 2014.
- Two poems, [25/2013] and [7/2014], accepted by Reach Poetry.
- Attended ECAT Poetry Day on 25 October at St Edmundsbury Cathedral.
- 'Lament of a Lewis Chessman' [23/2010] and 'Caedmon, sing' [28/2014] to be published in the 2014 Tuesday Poetry anthology, Voices.
- My poem, 'Raft Race' [25/2014] (about the Fen Raft Spider), has been judged Overall Winner in the 2014 ZSL Poetry Competition on the theme of 'Conservation'. Rule 15 stated that the competition would 'be judged by members of ZSL Discovery & Learning department, ZSL Resident poet Ahren Warner and Poet and ZSL council member Ruth Padel.'
- 7 November: attended Karen McCarthy Woolf's poetry workshop in the Red House as part of the Aldeburgh Poetry Festival.
- 'Starvation Point, Isle of Ulva' [17/2014] accepted for Remember, 2014 Paragram anthology.
- Arlington's Poetry Cafe launch of so too have the doves gone, a poetry anthology of reflections on the theme of conflict. I read my Edward Thomas tribute poem, 'Literally, for this' [8/2011].
- 11 November 2014 - attended special event on Laurence Binyon at the British Museum, where his career spanned 44 years.
- Pushcart Nomination for 'Elegy for Idris Davies' [55/2001] from editor-in-chief, Sharmagne Leland-St. John and her team at Quill and Parchment (USA).
- 'Red Letter Day, Lattice Avenue' [7/2014], about Waxwings, published in #195, Reach Poetry.