- 'Dunwich in Winter' [28-2020] has been published in A Special Place (Tuesday Poetry anthology 2020, ed. Jean Salkilld)
- 'Song of the Christmas Camels' [71-2002] has been published in A Christmas Sparkle (St Andrew's Rushmere Mothers' Union Publication).
- My poetry blog has been included in Matthew Stewart's 'Rogue Strands Poetry Blogs of the Year' list for 2020.
- 'Travellers All' [19-2020] has been published in Star Tips for Writers #140, Winter (6) 2020 (ed. Wendy Webb)
- Joint 4th Place (Category A) in the Metverse Muse (ed. Dr H. Tulsi, India) 'Fixed Form' Roundel challenge with 'Sea Watch' [12-2019]. 'Hogmanay Blues' [6-2020]. 'The Warkworth Hermit' [10-2017], 'Winter's Knife' [12-2011], 'Unseasonal Splash' [12-2013] and 'Dragonfly Dance' [13-2013] have also been published in the journal's Diamond Jubilee isue (2020).
- 'Yesterday's Plan' [29-2020] has been published in the November issue of Indigo Dreams Publishing.
- I attended two online workshops at Poetry in Aldeburgh, 'Listening to the Coast' with Maria Isakova Bennett and 'Listening into Poetry' with Dr Mina Gorji.
- 'Silence on the Sand' [27-2020] has been published this month in One Planet, an online anthology edited by Linda France, Climate Writer in Residence for the University and New Writing North, as part of the 2020 Newcastle University Alumni Day of Action.
- 'Migrant Hawker' [32-2012] and 'Notes from a Netting Station' [25-2013] have been published this month in Where Shallows Talk: Poetry and Prose inspired by the Paintings of Sir Alfred Munnings, edited by Dr Tim Gardiner for The Munnings Art Museum.
- 'Elegy for Idris Davies' [55/2001] is among the October 'Poems of the Month' selection on the Second Light website.
- 'Mount's Bay' [21-2020] has been published in Reach Poetry #264, Indigo Dreams Publishing.
- Two poems, [19-2020] and [21-2020], accepted for publication in Reach Poetry, Indigo Dreams Publishing.
- Completed 'Know Your Publishing Options' course, National Centre for Writing.
- My poem, 'Spring Fever in the South of France' [3-2019] has been awarded Second Place in the Petrarchan Sonnet Fixed Form Competition (Category A) for Metverse Muse, India. Two other poems, 'Butterfly Brooch from Raasay' [7-2017] and 'Thoughts from a Tudor Rose Garden' [4-2020] have been published in the Triple Issue 57-59 of the journal.
- My poem, 'Wildfire' [11-2020], has been accepted for 'Locked Down: poems, diaries and art from the 2020 pandemic, an international anthology of lockdown poems' to be published by Poetry Space (ed. Sue Sims).
- My poem, 'Elegy for Idris Davies' [55/2001], is now online here as part of the Poetry Library Southbank Centre's digitisation of The Seventh Quarry (ed. Peter Thabit Jones, Wales).
- I completed Jim Bennett's (most enjoyable) PoetryKit course on 'Nature Poetry'.
- My poem, 'Eris and the Apple' [13/2020], has been published alongside artwork by Jongo Park (South Korea) on p.69 in the 7th international eBook edition of Immagine e Poesia, edited by Huguette Bertrand (Canada) and Lidia Chiarelli (Italy). The anthology is dedicated to Lawrence Ferlinghetti to mark his 101st birthday.
- My poem, 'Bound for Sicily' [19/2017], has been published in Reach Poetry from Indigo Dreams Publishing.
- I completed Jim Bennett's (most enjoyable) PoetryKit course on 'Using Traditional Forms in Modern Poetry'.
- My poem, 'The Beachcomber' [24/2018], has been published in Reach Poetry from Indigo Dreams Publishing.
- My poem, 'Warkworth Hermitage: a Place Apart' [29/2018], published in Reach Poetry from Indigo Dreams Publishing, was awarded 4th Place in The Box for the Readers' Vote.
* * *
2020 Poetry Summary - here
2019 Poetry Summary - here
2018 Poetry Summary - here
2017 Poetry Summary - here
2016 Poetry Summary - here
2015 Poetry Summary - here
2014 Poetry Summary - here
2013 Poetry Summary - here
2012 Poetry Summary - here
2011 Poetry Summary - here
Awards, Photography, Art and
older CV items - here
2012: The Holy Place, Launch and Reviews - here
To buy a copy of The Holy Place (£3.50 for UK), please press the CONTACT bar here.
Post a Comment