- 'Of Paint and Passion' [2/2011] (Villanelle) published in Reach Poetry 159, ed. Ronnie Goodyer and Dawn Bauling, IDP
- 'Puffin Brothers' [8/2008] was voted 4th (just making The Box) in Reach Poetry issue 15 (ed. Ronnie Goodyer and Dawn Bauling, IDP).
- Metverse Muse Poetry Competition (Visakhapatnam, India): awarded 'the FIRST rank', having secured a total of 38 points for the combined score of my two entries, - 20 pts. for “King of the ‘Kilt Rock’ Cloud” [28/2010], a Terzanelle; and 18 pts. for “Life’s Silken Thread” [27/2010], a Rubai.
- 'On Emily's Moor' [13/2004] (about Emily Brontë, author of 'Wuthering Heights') and 'A Flicker, a Flash' (about 5 November) [1/2004] will be published in Orizont Literar Contemporan (editor-in-chief, Daniel Dragomirescu) issue 5 (25) / 2011 - from Bucharest, Romania.
|Number 5 Cwmdonkin Drive, Swansea, Wales|
- Saturday 8 October ~ taking part in The International Dylan Thomas Birthplace Festival of Words, 4th – 9th October 2011, 'Turning National Poetry Day into a Week of Words, Dylan Thomas Birthplace, 5 Cwmdonkin Drive, Uplands, Swansea. Details here ...Poems read: 'Lament of a Lewis Chessman' [23/2012] and 'The Ocean's Tears' [7/2010].
- 'Puffin Brothers' [8/2008] published in Reach Poetry, issue 157 (ed. Ronnie Goodyer and Dawn Bauling, IDP).
- 'King of the River' [18/2011] published in The Dawntreader, issue 016 (ed. Dawn Bauling and Ronnie Goodyer, IDP).
- 'Sunset at Chanonry Point' [48/2009] has been published in Reach Poetry, issue 156 (ed. Ronnie Goodyer and Dawn Bauling, IDP). The poem is about the most northerly Bottlenose Dolphins.
- 1st Prize in Reach Poetry Readers' Vote (listed in issue 155) for my Glosa, 'A Softer Beauty' [31/2010] (see entry below).
- 'Of Stars and Seeds' [31/2010], a Tercet Ghazal, has been included in the 'Change' Challenge issue of The Ghazal Page, edited by Gino Peregrini.
- 'Turkish Delight' [12/2010], another Tercet Ghazal, mentioned in Purple Patch no.129 in review by ed. Geoff Stevens of recent issues of Reach Poetry.
- 'A Softer Beauty' [31/2010], my Glosa (with Texte or Cabeza by the Reverend R.S. Hawker of Morwenstow), has been published in Reach Poetry issue 154 (ed. Ronnie Goodyer and Dawn Bauling, IDP)
- 'A Touch of the Blues' [19/2011], published in TIPS for Writers 84 (ed. Wendy Webb), along with two short poems, 'South Wales sunset' [71/2009] and 'Fire streams' [74/2002].
- Participant in the Swansea International Poetry Festival, 2011, organised by Peter Thabit Jones (of The Seventh Quarry, Swansea) in conjunction with Stanley H. Barkan (of Cross-Cultural Communications, New York). CG poems included in the Festival programme:
- 'Boat House Cat' [38/2003], which is also published in the Festival Anthology (ed. Peter Thabit Jones and Stanley H. Barkan)
- 'Monte Testaccio: Mound of Potsherds' [53/2003], read in the Nick Holly Studio Gallery, Swansea, on Wed. 15 June 2011, the Opening Night of the Festival.
- 'Elegy for Idris Davies' [55/2001], read in the Dylan Thomas Theatre, Swansea
- 'Moonshine' [35/2010] - about a Snowy Owl, read in the Dylan Thomas Theatre, Swansea
- 'The Ocean's Tears' [7/2010], read in the Dylan Thomas Theatre, Swansea
- 'Preseli Blue' [33/2005], read in the Dylan Thomas Theatre, Swansea
- DIALOGURI GALEZE | WELSH DIALOGUES (7) CAROLINE GILL interviews JEAN SALKILLD: ‘The aim and continued emphasis of the [Tuesday Poetry] group is to promote creative writing …’ Orizont Literar Contemporan / Contemporary and Literary Horizon, Romania, Annul IV, issue no.2 (22) 2011. [C&LH], Director, Mihai Cantuniari; Editor-in-Chief, Daniel Dragomirescu.
- Joint 2nd Prize (with Claire Knight) Fixed Form Poet of the Year Awards (Category A), Metverse Muse (ed. Dr H. Tulsi, Visakhapatnam, India)
- 'Isabella Tiger Moth ...' [42/2009] and 'Muffled Drum' [4/2005] - on display on Helen Calcutt's Tiger, Tiger site.
- 'Of Paint and Passion' [2/2011] has been accepted for publication in Reach Poetry (ed. Ronnie Goodyer and Dawn Bauling, IDP)
- 'Turkish Delight: the Pink Pavilion, Emirgan Park' [12/2010] has been published in Reach Poetry (May 2011, ed. Ronnie Goodyer and Dawn Bauling, IDP)
- 'Of Stars and Seeds' [7/2011] submitted to the 'change' challenge for The Ghazal Page (ed. Gino Peregrini)
- 2nd Prize in Writelink Spring Fever Poetry Competition (judge: Jay Smedley) for my Terza Rima, 'Observations from the Hide' [11/2011]. The poem will be published in the competition anthology.
- 'Muffled Drum' [4/2005] and 'Isabella Tiger Moth greets the Woolly Bear Caterpillar' [42/2009] were on display at a 'Tiger, Tiger' event in the Symphony Hall, Birmingham on 16 April, in support of the WWF 'Save the Tiger' fund.
- 'Matriarch at Mount Grace' [19/2008] has been published in the (most recent) Spring 2011 edition  of 'The Dawntreader' (ed. Dawn Bauling and Ronnie Goodyer, IDP)
- Prose piece, 'My Godfather' [C2/2011], in 'Memories ~ a Host of Golden Daffodils' (ed. Ann Cooke and Dr Ruth Jenkins).
- 'Undercurrents' [2/2010] published in 'Mermaids off Cromer Pier and other Mermaid Poems' in the Grand Finale of Wendy Webb's 'Mermaid's Tale' series (Wendy Webb Books, 2010). This poem won 4th Place in the 2010 Writelink 'Whispers' competition judged by Daffni Percival
- DIALOGURI GALEZE | WELSH DIALOGUES (6) CAROLINE GILL interviews GILLIAN DRAKE, ‘Good books create another world or bring to light another dimension of this one.’ Orizont Literar Contemporan / Contemporary & Literary Horizon, Romania, Annul III, issue no.6 (20) Nov/Dec 2010. [C&LH], Director, Mihai Cantuniari; Editor-in-Chief, Daniel Dragomirescu.
- 'Muffled Drum' [4/2005] and 'Isabella Tiger Moth greets the Woolly Bear Caterpillar' [42/2009] have been accepted for the 'Tiger, Tiger' project, in support of the WWF 'Save the Tiger' fund.
- 'A Stone Romance' [9/2006], 'Boat House Cat' (Laugharne) [38/2003], 'Preseli Blue' [33/2005], previously read on BBC radio] and 'Show me the Colour of Pain' [9/2003] have appeared bilingually, with Romanian translations by Alina-Olimpia Miron, in Antologia Revistei 'Orizont Literar Contemporan' [ISSN 1844-4229], ed. Daniel Dragomirescu, Bucharest, Romania.
- 'Elegy for Idris Davies' [1a/2001] has been voted Poem of the Month by Anne Stewart on the SecondLightLive web page. This poem was published by Peter Thabit Jones in The Seventh Quarry. You can read it here.
- 'Westonbirt', 'A Stone Romance' (Petra) [9/2006], 'Grace and Glory' (a Christmas quatrain) and 'A Meerkat Moonscape' (Magi form) [10/2004] published in 'Tuesday Poetry' (ed. Jean Salkilld)
- 'A Chink in the Sky' [3/2012] (puffin poem) published in 'A Pocket Full of Spring Fever' (ed. Sue Kendrick, Writelink)
- Writelink 'Writer of the Month'
- Two 'winter' poems published in Tips 80 (ed. Wendy Webb): 'Ötzi the Iceman' [55/2003] and 'Ice Floe' [10/2010]
- 'Christmas Capers' [32/2010] published in the Christmas 2010 edition of Writelinkers electronic magazine.
* * *
2020 Poetry Summary - here
2019 Poetry Summary - here
2018 Poetry Summary - here
2017 Poetry Summary - here
2016 Poetry Summary - here
2015 Poetry Summary - here
2014 Poetry Summary - here
2013 Poetry Summary - here
2012 Poetry Summary - here
2011 Poetry Summary - here
For Awards, Photography, Art and older CV items, please click here.
To buy a copy of The Holy Place (£3.50 for UK), please press the CONTACT bar here.