- 'Grimshoe Mound' [14/2015] awarded Third Prize in readers' vote. Published in Reach Poetry #206 for November 2015.
- 'Mah-Jong Clattering Sparrow' [12/2005], 'Isabella Tiger Moth greets the Woolly Bear Caterpillar' [42/2009] and 'Postcard from Bracelet Bay' [15/2014] have all appeared in the Families anthology, produced by Jean Salkilld of the Tuesday Poetry group in Swansea in aid of the Salvation Army.
- My review of Under the Thin Layers of Light by Hassanal Abdullah (Cross-Cultural Communications, New York) features in Shabdaguchha, volume 17, no.s 3-4, #67 and 68.
- 'Grimshoe Mound' [14/2015] published in Reach Poetry #206, for November 2015.
- Read 'Dear Loris' [29/2014] (published in The Emma Press anthology of Slow Things) and 'Jack Tar' [5/2015] at Arlington's Poetry Cafe.
- Attended Aldeburgh Poetry Festival events featuring Zaffar Kunial (Craft Talk), John Burnside (The Poetry of Birds), Helen Macdonald ('H is for Hawk'), Alison Brackenbury (on John Clare) and others.
- 'Elegy for Idris Davies' [55/2001] has been 'Commended' in the SecondLight 'Poem of the Month' contest, judged on this occasion by Wendy French.
- 'In the Wake of Prince Madoc' [13/2015], Highly Commended in the inaugural Disability Arts Cymru Poetry Competition judged by Menna Elfyn, has been published in the competition eBook anthology. My poem appears alongside the artwork, 'Boats' by Mark Annis, that I selected as my inspiration.
- 'Elegy for Idris Davies' [55/2001] has been 'Commended' in the SecondLight 'Poem of the Month' contest, judged on this occasion by Kate Foley.
- 'Postcard from Bracelet Bay' [15/2014] voted Second Place in Reach Poetry #205, Indigo Dreams Publishing (October 2015).
- Attended The Poetry Society's Annual Lecture, delivered by Rita Dove.
- 'Haiku: darkness in Dunwich' features on the Paper Swans online slideshow for National Poetry Day.
- Attended a poetry workshop on 'Textiles' by Gregory Warren Wilson.
- Read 'Dusk at Dozmary Pool' [14/2006] at Arlington's Poetry Cafe for National Poetry Day's theme of 'light' and the Cafe's theme of 'music and silence'.
- 'Above St Govan's Chapel' [33/2003] accepted for inclusion in Seeing Beyond the Surface anthology.
- 'The Ocean's Tears' [7/2010], (a Tercet Ghazal), features in the relatively new weekly blogzine, keeppoemsalive
- 'Postcard from Bracelet Bay' [15/2014] published in Reach Poetry #204, Indigo Dreams Publishing (September 2015).
- 'Field Notes, Welney' [11/2013] (a Naga-Uta) published in Star Tips for Writers, #109, Sept-Oct 2015 (ed. Wendy Webb).
- Poem accepted by Dunlin Press for forthcoming anthology on wading birds.
- Publication of Poems for a Liminal Age (published by Sentinel, SPM, and edited by Mandy Pannett). The anthology will raise funds for Médecins Sans Frontières, UK. It contains my poem, 'Weddell Seal at the Ice Edge' [29/2010]. For my account of the launch event, please click here.
- My soundbite sentence about RSPB Minsmere was selected for the new visitor leaflet. You can see the leaflet here.
- August 4: Arlington's Poetry Cafe, Ipswich. I read 'Shaft of Light: Circle of Stone' [23/2002] (about the Barbara Hepworth Sculpture Garden in St Ives, Cornwall).
- Two poems, [15/2014] and [14/2015], accepted by Reach Poetry, Indigo Dreams Publishing.
- Attended, and read 'Notes from a Netting Station' [25/2013], at the annual Poetry Evening at Walpole Old Chapel, Suffolk. [25/2013]
- July 21: I read my poem, 'Dear Loris' [29/2014], at the Emma Press Launch of the anthology, Slow Things. If you click the link, you will need to scroll down a bit to find details of the event. I have posted some photographs here.
- July 23: I attended the launch in Wivenhoe of the anthology, Days begin, in aid of a new Cancer Centre for Colchester.
- I have been awarded Third-Equal in the Fixed Form Poet of the Year (2014) Challenge for the Metverse Muse (#38, ed. Dr. H. Tulsi, Visakhapatnam, India) competition in Category A. My poems in the international contest were 'Nightmare' [3/2014] and 'Feline Fancy' [5/2014]. My poems, 'Cattle Crossing, Staffin Bay' [29/2012] and 'Winter's Knife' [12/2011] have been published in this issue of Metverse Muse.
- My poem, 'In the Wake of Prince Madoc' [13/2015], was Highly Commended in the inaugural Disability Arts Cymru Poetry Competition, judged by Menna Elfyn. The poem will appear in an eBook, alongside the artwork I selected as my inspiration.
- My review of Mike Bannister's poetry book, The Green Man (translated into Romanian as Omul Verde) has appeared in Orizont Literar Contemporan, in the May-June 2015 issue.
- My interview with Professor Don Riggs of Drexel University in Philadelphia has appeared in Made of Words (translated into Romanian as Făurit din cuvinte). Published in Romania under the aegis of Orizont Literar Contemporan.
- My review of Mike Bannister's poetry book, The Green Man (translated into Romanian as Omul Verde), has appeared in Orizont Literar Contemporan, in the May-June 2015 issue. My interview with Professor Don Riggs of Drexel University in Philadelphia has appeared in Made of Words (translated into Romanian as Făurit din cuvinte). Published in Romania under the aegis of Orizont Literar Contemporan.
- 30 May: I read my turtle poem at the Second Suffolk Poetry Festival.
- 'Dear Loris' [29/2014] has been accepted for publication by The Emma Press for the Slow Things anthology.
- 'The Blues' by Ian Henery, Walsall Laureate, has been published in Star Tips 107 (ed. Wendy Webb, 2015). The poem was written in response to my poem, 'A Touch of the Blues' [19/2011].
- My photograph, 'A harrier flies over the remains of Minsmere Chapel'  was DigVentures Photo of the Day on 10 May 2015.
- 'Without Me' [4/2015] was shortlisted in the inaugural Corinium Museum Poetry Competition in Cirencester. The brief was to write a poem about one of the objects. David Gill's poem was also shortlisted - see here. Our poems are currently on display in the museum.
- My 'Haiku: Skye summer' [4/2009] was Highly Commended in the With Words Summer Haiku Competition. It will be published in the 'summer' anthology.
- Kay Weeks recited my 'Tanka: a broken bottle' [16/2011] about a piece of sea glass and sang one of my poems, 'Evening at Elgol, Isle of Skye' [14/2011], with Denee Barr and Pastor Cathy Vitek at the Blossoms of Hope Theme Show, 'Portraits, Profiles and Inspirations in my Life', in Maryland, USA. The show raises money for the Claudia Mayer/Tina Broccolino Cancer Resource Center of Howard County General Hospital. Kay's presentation included a framed painting of Loch Scavaig, inspired by one of my Skye photographs.
- Attended Suffolk Poetry Society's Desert Island Poems in Bury St Edmunds. Lord Phillips of Sudbury interviewed Terry Waite CBE about his life, Christian faith, captivity, humanitarian work and writing. The final poem, 'The Homeless', read by Tim Gardiner was written by Terry Waite.
- Attended Suffolk Poetry Society's Local Stanza Bonanza with Mosaic poets at UCS on the Ipswich Waterfront.
- My Tanka: a broken bottle [16/2011] about a piece of sea glass has been selected for The Colour of Poetry exhibition. Visual artists will use colour to express their emotional response to each poem selected for the exhibition and the two pieces - artwork and poem - will be exhibited together in the Northern Health and Social Care Trust.
- 'Aboard The Lifeboat Minnie Moon' [8/2015] about a piece of sea glass (about an early Cadgwith lifeboat) has been included in The Sea, a poetry anthology published by Rebel Poetry in Ireland, with all profits going to the RNLI.
- My Zoological Society of London (ZSL) winning poem on the Fen Raft Spider, 'Raft Race' [25/2014], has been published in the latest edition of (ZSL) Wild About magazine.
- I read 'Notes from a Netting Station' [25/2013] at Arlington's Poetry Cafe, Ipswich. Theme: sense of place.
- '1st May: Red Kite at Strata Florida' [10/2008] quoted in Cynan Jones' review in Archaeology in Wales (p.241) of the of Poetry from Strata Florida edited by Martin Locock.
- 26 March 2015: I was invited to read at Poetry Wivenhoe.
- 'Weddell Seal at the Ice Edge' [29/2010] has been accepted for Poems for a Liminal Age. The anthology will be edited by Mandy Pannett and published by SPM Publications (Sentinel Poetry Movement). Profits will support Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF).
- I was one of six poets representing the Suffolk Poetry Society (SPS) at The Poetry Society's Stanza Bonanza night for Poetry Swindon and SPS.
- Attended the Norfolk Festival of Wildlife (with a woodland writers' workshop led by Dr Jonathan Ward and a talk on the Fen Raft Spider by Dr Helen Smith and artist, Sheila Tilmouth). My Fen Raft Spider villanelle is here on the ZSL blog. My post about my time at the festival is here - and the EDP report (see middle photo) is here.
- Attended In the Realms of Gold, a poetry evening laid on by The Poetry Society in The Queen's Gallery, Buckingham Palace (see post here).
- 'Notes from a Netting Station' [25/2013] (see post here) was published in Reach Poetry #197.
- I read 'Zennor Voices' [26/2004] at Arlington's Poetry Cafe (Theme: Valentine's Day).
- Writers' News report (actually in March edition which come out in February) on my Zoological Society of London (ZSL) winning poem on the Fen Raft Spider, 'Raft Race' [25/2014].
- My short poem, 'Prawn Madras' [24/2010], has been posted on a site from the Netherlands called Kostro by site-owner, Vouter van der Land. The poem was written in my Swansea poetry group of 'Tuesday Poets' in 2010 to demonstrate the 'Clang' form, which was devised by fellow Tuesday Poet, Llewelyn Hugh Nicholas. The poem was first published in The Book of Forms - A Handbook of Poetics Including Odd and Invented Forms by Lewis Putnam Turco, University Press of New England 2011.
- I attended a workshop led by Geraldine Green.