- My poem, 'Warkworth Hermitage: a Place Apart' [29/2018] was published in Reach Poetry from Indigo Dreams Publishing.
- I read two poems, 'Storm and Steam' [5/2019] (from the new anthology) and 'Penwith Fingerstone' [20/2017], at the launch event of Port in the Peter Pears Gallery on Friday 8 November at Poetry in Aldeburgh. Port is a new book, produced and published by MW Bewick and Ella Johnston of Dunlin Press. Copies can be purchased here. Cover image design: Ella Johnson.
- Poem, 'Carleon Cove' [10/2019], has been pinned to the Places of Poetry map.
- My poem-and-letter submission [9/2019] has been accepted for the Indigo Dreams Publishing 'Dear Dylan' anthology (to be edited by IDP poet and Cheltenham Poetry Festival Director, Anna Saunders).
- My poem, 'Trim, the most affectionate of friends' [23/2018], has been published in the October issue, #253, of Reach Poetry from Indigo Dreams Publishing. Also in #253 I was interested to read the published comments from Angela Porter concerning my sestina, 'Scales of Silence' (publication details below), and pauses in the reconstructed music of Athanaeus from Ancient Greece. Thank you, Angela.
- The September issue of Reach Poetry from Indigo Dreams Publishing revealed that my poem, 'Scales of Silence', took First Place in the Reach Poetry readers' vote for August.
- My poem, 'Two Shepherds in Tam-O'-Shanters' [25/2018], has been awarded First Place (Category A) in the Terza Rima Contest for the Metverse Muse, 54th to 56th Triple Issue, ed. Dr. H. Tulsi, India.
- Two poems, '2nd February at Greyfriars, Dunwich' [20/2019] and 'Cockle Women' [7/2006], have been included in Metverse Muse, 54th to 56th Triple issue, June 2019 (ed. Dr. H. Tulsi, India).
- My sestina, 'Scales of Silence', has been published in Reach Poetry, #251.
- My poem, 'The Atlas Moth' [36/2018], has been published in Reach Poetry, #249.
- My poem, 'Afternoon Tea in The Guggenheim' [4/2019] has been included in the 2019 Immagine e Poesia E Book anthology, edited by Huguette Bertrand and Lidia Chiarelli. The international anthology of poems paired with artworks is a birthday tribute to Lawrence Ferlinghetti on the occasion of his 100th birthday.
- 'Puffin's Assembly' [15/2016] awarded an Honourable Mention in the Orbis (ed. Carole Baldock) Readers' Awards for #186.
- 6th Festival of Suffolk Poetry (11 May): I attended a workshop led by Grevel Lindop on the 'Music of Place', and read two poems, my milestone one [5/2019] and [5/2019], with Felixstowe Cafe Poets on the theme of 'Earth and Space Matters'.
- Featured Poet of the Month in the poetry pages for FreeXpresSion (ed. Peter Pike and Catherine Lee), Australia. Poems included in the feature: [15/2015], [13/2017], [20/2015], [1/2000], [13/2004], [13/2013], [6/2015] and [14/2016].
- My harbour poem [5/2019] has been accepted for inclusion in Port, the forthcoming anthology from Dunlin Press.
- Attended the AGM of Suffolk Poetry Society and read 'Puffin's Assembly' [15/2016] (see below under February) at the post-meeting Reading on Exits and Entrances.
- My poem, 'Elegy for Idris Davies' [55/2001], is one of the featured poems for February on the Second Light Live website - here (and scroll down a little).
- 'Afternoon Tea in The Guggenheim' [4/2019] has been accepted for the 2019 Immagine e Poesia E Book, edited by Huguette Betrand and Lidia Chiarelli.
- 'Puffin's Assembly' [15/2016] published in Orbis #186 (ed. Carole Baldock).
- '(W)hole Thoughts at Men-an-Tol' [35/2018] published in Reach Poetry, #244 (ed. Ronnie Goodyer), Indigo Dreams Publishing, January 2019
- [15/2015], [13/2017], [20/2015], [1/2000], [13/2004], [13/2013], [6/2015] and [14/2016] for the poetry pages for FreeXpresSion (ed. Peter Pike and Catherine Lee), Australia.
* * *
2020 Poetry Summary - here
2019 Poetry Summary - here
2018 Poetry Summary - here
2017 Poetry Summary - here
2016 Poetry Summary - here
2015 Poetry Summary - here
2014 Poetry Summary - here
2013 Poetry Summary - here
2012 Poetry Summary - here
2011 Poetry Summary - here
For Awards, Photography, Art and older CV items, please click here.
To buy a copy of The Holy Place (£3.50 for UK), please press the CONTACT bar here.