• My Poetry blog gets a mention once again in Matthew Stewart's Rogue Strands Best UK Poetry Blogs of the Year list. Thank you, Matthew.
• 'A Parcel of Birds' [23/2016], has been published in the December edition of Reach Poetry, #231, Indigo Dreams Publishing.
• N.B. Right year, possibly wrong month. Entry in Contemporary Literary Horizon Intercultural Dictionary, Romania (Bibliotheca Universalis, ed. Daniel Dragomirescu).
• 'Treasure Hulk' [3/2017] has been published in Herrings, the Poetry in Aldeburgh anthology, edited by Nancy Warburg Astor and Andrew Hewish and published by Blue Door Press.
• 'After the Storm' [23/2017] has been published in the November issue of Reach Poetry, Indigo Dreams Publishing.
• 'Hawker's Hut' [25/2016] and 'Words from the Hygroscope' [18/2017] have been published in Our Favourite Poems, a Christmas pamphlet in aid of the Alzheimer's Society from the Tuesday Poetry group in Swansea.
• My review of Out of the Silence: Memories, Poems, Reflections (SPCK 2016) by Terry Waite CBE has been published in Twelve Rivers (autumn 2017), the magazine of Suffolk Poetry Society.
• Thanks are due to Steve Pottinger who read my poem, 'Penwith Finger Stone' [20/2017] on my behalf at the prize-giving event and Milestone Society AGM in Long Compton on 7 October 2017 (see Greg Freeman's report here). My poem had taken Third Prize in the Milestones Competition, run by Write Out Loud on behalf of the Milestone Society and judged by Brian Patten (whose anthology, 'The Mersey Sound', co-authored with Roger McGough and Adrian Henri has just has its 50th anniversary).
• Two poems accepted for Reach Poetry, Indigo Dreams Publishing.
• The staff at Disability Arts Cymru have produced an iBook of poems that rose to the top in their 2016 competition on the dual themes of austerity/extravagance. My poem, 'A Drop in the Ocean' [20/2016], which was awarded First Prize, was inspired by 'Shoreline Symphonies', a piece of artwork by Eileen Harrisson.
• ¡Cornucopia! Alde Valley Festival - a poetry event with Suffolk Poetry Society and Rebecca Goss. We enjoyed Rebecca's brilliant workshop on the art of 'making' and her two reading slots. I read two of my poems, 'The Women of Linear B' [15/2005], and one about wood carving [2/2008].
• Poems published in Metverse Muse, #47-49 (ed. Dr. H. Tulsi, Visakhapatnam, India): 'A Wand of Willow' [14/2016] and 'Bissoe Valley' [5/2016]
• I took part in a wildlife/natural world 'Spirit of the Stour' Festival reading at a Poetry Recital in The Munnings Museum on Friday 8 September at 18.30 hrs. The event was arranged by Dr Tim Gardiner, 2017 Poet-in-Residence at the museum. The readers were Ian Griffiths, Sue Wallace-Shaddad, Rebecca Goss, Judith Wolton, Alex Davis, Alex Toms, David Gill, Matt Annis, Emily Hasler, Gerry Donlon and Caroline Gill. Poems in my set: 'Bright August Blues' [17/2015], 'Pepys Island' [12/2014], 'Moonshine' (Snowy Owl) [23/2010] and 'Migrant Hawker' [23/2012].
• My poem, 'Penwith Finger Stone' [20/2017], has been awarded Third Prize in the Milestones Competition, run by Write Out Loud on behalf of the Milestone Society and judged by Brian Patten (whose anthology, 'The Mersey Sound', co-authored with Roger McGough and Adrian Henri has just has its 50th anniversary).
• 'collecting dulse' [22/2017] has been published in The Cherita #3 (eBook 2017 vol i. Find Me) p.188...
• My poem, 'Pareidolia People' [11/2017], was published in the August edition of Reach Poetry, #227, Indigo Dreams Publishing.
• My urban bird DIVERSIFLY post (#15), Wild Surprise on the Ipswich Waterfront, is up on Nadia Kingsley's Fair Acre blog.
• Guest reader at 'Poems at The Deanery' in Bury St Edmunds. I invited David (Gill) to join me as my guest reader. The evening was hosted by Michael Apichella and Maria Apichella.
• 'Tanka: a broken bottle' [16/2011] was published in The Colour of Poetry (a visual anthology by disabled writers and artists facilitated by arts care and supported by the Arts Council of Northern Ireland and the Northern Health and Social Care Trust).
• My celebration of the Romanian literary journal, 'Orizont Literar Contemporan' has been published in the 60th anniversary issue.
• 'Hawker's Hut' [25/2016] has been published in the June edition of Reach Poetry #225, Indigo Dreams Publishing.
• 6 June: read my anti-slavery poem, 'Trade Winds' [33/2009], at the Ipswich Poetry Cafe (theme: liberation), which took place in the beautifully restored church of St Mary at the Quay, now known as Quay Place.
• Attended the launch of the Stanley Spencer Poems, An Anthology (published by Two Rivers Press) at the Cookham Festival. I read my anthology poem, 'On Reflection' [22/2016], in response to Spencer's painting, 'The Harbour, St Ives'.
• Attended the 4th Festival of Suffolk Poetry and read 'A Drop in the Ocean' [20/2016] [22/2016]. I enjoyed a workshop on music and poetry led by Gregory Warren Wilson. Terry Waite CBE was one of the guest Festival Readers.
• My poem, 'Scales of Sorrow' [12/2017], paired with Jongo Park's artwork, 'Voice of the Sea', has been published in the 2017 eBook anthology of the Immagine e Poesia movement. Huguette Bertrand and Lidia Chiarelli were the editors.
• I read '1st May: Red Kite at Strata Florida' [10/2008] at Arlington's Poetry Cafe on 2nd May.
• Two poems, [25/2016] and [11/2017] accepted for Reach Poetry, Indigo Dreams Publishing.
• 'Lost' [6/2017] has been published in Reach Poetry #223, Indigo Dreams Publishing. I read this poem at Arlington's Poetry Cafe on 4 April.
• Awarded Third Prize for my kyrielle, 'Grace and Gratitude' [30/2015], in the Best Fixed Form Poet of the Year Competition for Metverse Muse (ed. Dr. H. Tulsi, India).
• 'First Pressing, Hadrian's Villa' [14/2017] has received a Highly Commended in the Binsted Arts 'Harvest' Competition.
• 'Shepherd's Hut, Sutton Hoo' [20/2015] was published in advance of UNESCO World Poetry Day in a Saturday supplement of poems from East Anglia in the EADT/EDP for 18 March 2017.
• Two poems, [6/2017] and [31/2015],have been accepted for publication in Reach Poetry, Indigo Dreams Publishing.
• Four short poems [3/2016], namely three Tanka, 'sunfish and dolphins', 'ripples...' and 'your song...' - plus one Haiku, 'twilight walk', have been published in wild voices, an anthology of short poetry and art by women, edited by Caroline Skanne of wildfower poetry press.
• I read 'Lament of a Lewis Chessman' [23/2010] at the Suffolk Poetry Society AGM.
• I am the poet in profile in the 'Poet Profile' slot in the current edition of The Seventh Quarry #25 (winter/spring 2017, ed. Peter Thabit Jones) on p.39. My piece includes an interview and four of my poems - [8/2014], [17/2015], [24/2016] and [1/2017].
• 'Salubrious Passage' [16/2016], published in Reach Poetry #221, Indigo Dreams Publishing.
• 'On Reflection' [22/2016] to be published in the (Cookham Festival) Stanley Spencer Poetry Anthology.
• 'Barn Owl, Flatford' [2/2016], published in Reach Poetry #219, Indigo Dreams Publishing, took Second Place (£15 prize) in the Readers' Votes for the December issue.
• I received a 'Commended' in the 2016 Indigo Dreams Publishing Pamphlet Prize.
• 'Paper Princess' [26/2013] published in Star Tips 117 (ed. Wendy Webb)
2020 Poetry Summary - here
2019 Poetry Summary - here
2018 Poetry Summary - here
2017 Poetry Summary - here
2016 Poetry Summary - here
2015 Poetry Summary - here
2014 Poetry Summary - here
2013 Poetry Summary - here
2012 Poetry Summary - here
2011 Poetry Summary - here
For Awards, Photography, Art and older CV items, please click here.
To buy a copy of The Holy Place (£3.50 for UK), please press the CONTACT bar here.
Post a Comment