Details of my first full poetry collection, Driftwood by Starlight (The Seventh Quarry Press, 2021), can be found here.
2022 and 2023: NEWS AND CONTACT DETAILS
My entry for the Hedgehog Poetry Press 'Wee Collection Challenge' has won First Prize, and will be published in 2023.
My website, social media handles and contact details can be found here: Linktr.ee
I am delighted to find my poetry blog included once again on Matthew Stewart's Rogue Strands List of Best UK Poetry Blogs for 2022. Thank you, Matthew.
POETRY PUBLICATIONS AND AWARDS
Details of my poetry publications and a summary of my poetry awards can be found here.
2012: The Holy Place, Launch and Reviews - here
To buy a copy of The Holy Place (£3.50 for UK), please press the CONTACT bar here.
PRE-2022: DETAILS OF POEMS, AWARDS AND CV ITEMS
Details of poems published in 2021 can be found here.
2020 Poetry Summary - here
2019 Poetry Summary - here
2018 Poetry Summary - here
2017 Poetry Summary - here
2016 Poetry Summary - here
2015 Poetry Summary - here
2014 Poetry Summary - here
2013 Poetry Summary - here
2012 Poetry Summary - here
2011 Poetry Summary - here
Awards, Photography, Art and older CV items - here
2022-2023: (MAINLY) PUBLISHED WORK
- I read two of my poems, 'The Fire Horse' [8-2023] and 'Treasure Hulk' [3-2017] at the 9th Festival of Suffolk Poetry Online Open Mic event on 12 May 2023.
- My badger poem, 'Border Force, Twilight' [27-2018], has been published in Reach Poetry #293, Indigo Dreams Publishing.
- My eco-themed train poem, 'The Fire Horse' [8-2023], is currently on display in Coaltrain's Coffee Shop Gallery at Barry Town Station in South Wales. The poem forms part of an exhibition of railway poetry, largely provided by members of the Tuesday Poetry Group.
- My poem, 'Seeing Blue: Le Printemps (1886) by Claude Monet' [28-2022], has been published in the Spring Stickleback edition from the Hedgehog Poetry Press. The short anthology, published at the equinox, contains the winning poems from the 'spring' 2022 competition, part of the Four Seasons in Poetry project.
- 'Seeking Anchorage' [28-2022] has been published in #291 of Reach Poetry, Indigo Dreams Publishing.
- Two poems, [28-2022] and [27-2018], have been accepted for publication in Reach Poetry.
- I read out 'A Tale of Two Brothers' [31-2003] at Trellis Poetry Group.
- 'My Absence, Your Winter' [26-2015] has been published in Reach Poetry #289. Update: the poem took Second Place in the Readers' Vote for this issue.
- 'Harvest Blues' [45-2009], 'Knight's Island, Slebech' [15-2017], 'Sandy Pylos' [27-2012] and 'Aesop's Frogs' [22-2018] have been published in #75 of Metverse Muse (ed. Dr. H. Tulsi). 'Daffodils and Chiming Bells' [22-2022] was awarded First Place (Category A) in the Metverse Muse Fixed Form (Davidian) Poetry Competition.
- Read out 'Song of the Christmas Camels' [71-2002] at Trellis Poetry Group.
- 'One Man's River' [33-2021] is among four winning poems in the Suffolk Flora Preservation Trust Chairman's Challenge of 2022 for an acrostic sonnet.
- I have just completed the online Poetry School course, 'Reading and Writing Robert Frost', tutored by Jodie Hollander.
- 'The Ceilidh House' [47-2009], published in Driftwood by Starlight, will feature on Unless a Seed on 10 December 2022.
- 'Basking Shark Blues' [10-2021] has been published in the new Indigo Dreams Publishing anthology, Voices For The Silent, to aid the work of the League Against Cruel Sports.
- 'Nature and Nurture' [11-2021] has been published in #287 of Reach Poetry, Indigo Dreams Publishing.
- Took part in Polly Atkin's Poetry in Aldeburgh workshop.
- I read 'Puffin's Assembly' [15-2016] at the South Lookout, Aldeburgh beach, for the SPS National Poetry Day event.
- I made the Shortlist for the Candlestick Press Almanac, Twelve Poems for 2023 Competition. Poems submitted: [30-2022] and [32-2022].
- 'Elegy for Idris Davies' [55-2001] is one of the poems selected for October on the SecondLight website, and can be viewed here. The poem got an oblique mention in The Guardian when it was first published in The Seventh Quarry - see here.
- Parts One to Five of my Poetry Q&A have now been posted by Thomas Whyte on his Poetry Mini Interviews site here.
- 'Stars in Suburbia' [27-2022] has been published here on Lidia Chiarelli's LUCI PER LA CITTÀ / Lights for the City site, part of a Festival of Lights, which is itself a tribute to Guido Chiarelli (1902-1982) on the 120th anniversary of his birth.
- 'Navigating Knapdale' [26-2022] has been published in Reach Poetry (Indigo Dreams Publishing) in response to Ronnie Goodyer's Terza rima sonnet challenge.
- Parts One and Two of my Poetry Mini Interview have been posted. The interview has been conducted in five parts by Thomas Whyte.
- 'Stars in Suburbia' [27-2022] has been published on Lidia Chiarelli's Lights for the City site which commemorates her father, Guido Chiarelli (1902-1982) on the 120th anniversary of his birth. Guido Chiarelli is celebrated as the man who illuminated Turin with his futuristic designs in the 1950s and 1960s.
- 'January Joy' [48-2003] and 'Demoiselle Dance' [25-2022] have been published in Metverse Muse #73 and 74 (India). 'To a Purple Emperor Butterfly' [10-2022] came 2nd (Category A) in the Metverse Muse Fixed Form Petrarchan Sonnet Contest.
- Two poems, [11-2021] and [26-2015], have been accepted for publication in Reach Poetry (Indigo Dreams Publishing).
- My poem, 'Invitation' [15-2022], is up on Instagram (here as a video) as part of the Festival of Suffolk. Members of Suffolk Poetry Society are reading their Festival poems during August.
- My review of Where Shadows Stir by Byron Beynon has been published in The Seventh Quarry (Summer/Autumn 2022). You can buy the collection here.
- A review by Dilys Wood of Driftwood by Starlight has been published in Artemis (Second Light journal).
- My poem, 'The Border' [20-2022], has been published in the anthology, Hope for Ukraine (Tim Saunders Publications, 2022). All the proceeds from the sale of the anthology are being donated to the Sunflower of Peace Foundation, a non-profit organisation committed to helping Ukrainians affected by the horrific invasion.
- My poem, 'Basking Shark Blues' [10-2021], has been accepted for publication in the second IDP anthology of Voices for the Silent.
- My poem, 'Blubber, Fin and Tails' [13-2022], has been selected by Hannah Ellis and Mab Jones for the 'Love the Words' #DylanDay 2022 international eBook - here.
- Another #DylanDay poem, 'Tide Notes' [16-2022], has been included in Lidia Chiarelli's 2022 presentation - here (and scroll down to the seventh piece).
- I read 'Isabella Tiger Moth Greets the Woolly Bear Caterpillar' [42-2009] on the ACW TRELLIS Zoom, 14 May, on the theme of 'change'. The poem is in my collection, Driftwood by Starlight.
- My poem, 'To a Roman Mouse from Vindolanda' [15-2021], published in Metverse Muse #967-69, has won me Joint First Prize with Catherine Lee in Category A of the Metverse Muse Fixed Form (Shakespearean Sonnet) Contest.
- Not a poem, but my Redwing photograph features on the cover of The Gloucester Fragments (Littoral Press), a new collection by Neil Leadbeater.
- My poem, 'The Border' [20-2022], has been accepted for publication in the Hope for Ukraine anthology,to be published by Tim Saunders.
- My poem, 'Leaf-cutter Bee' [20-2020], has been published in Reach Poetry #282 (Indigo Dreams Publishing) for April 2022.
- My poem, 'Et in terra pax' [25-2017], was recorded for UCB Radio (Ireland).
- 'Tide Notes' [16-2022] was published for #DylanDay 2022 on Lidia Chiarelli's site here (it is the sixth picture-poem on the page).
- My entry for the November 2021 Hedgehog Poetry Press 'Wee Collection Challenge' has won First Prize, and will be published.
- My poem, 'A Tale of Two Owls' [29-2015], has been published in #280 of Reach Poetry (Indigo Dreams Publishing).
- 19th February. I read 'Dunwich in Winter' [28-2020] from Driftwood by Starlight at the ACW
Trellis online poetry day.
- My poetry collection, Driftwood by Starlight, has been reviewed by Jessica Newport in #35 of The Seventh Quarry (ed. Peter Thabit Jones).