|Tweet from @SeventhQuarry, 21 September 2020|
This publications blog is an ongoing experiment. I am hoping it will enable me to keep abreast of my published poetry and related activities. I am using it to supplement the more static information on my website and the more detailed entries on my poetry blog. The ('blogpost published') dates against each post, with the exception of the most recent post, are often of little significance.
Editors and others: if you see a poem title on this blog that might fit with an anthology theme or be of interest in some way, please contact me via the comments box or via the email on my profile page here. Thank you.
Please see below for Publications, Published Poems, Readings etc.
* * *
Forthcoming Publications etc.
Published Poems, Readings etc.
- 'Yesterday's Plan' [19-2020] has been published in the November issue of Reach Poetry from Indigo Dreams Publishing.
- I attended two workshops at Poetry in Aldeburgh: 'Listening to the Coast' with Maria Isakova Bennett and 'Listening into Poetry' with Dr Mina Gorji.
- Joint 4th Place (Category A) in the Metverse Muse (ed. Dr H. Tulsi, India) 'Fixed Form' Roundel challenge with 'Sea Watch' [12-2019]. 'Hogmanay Blues' [6-2020]. 'The Warkworth Hermit' [10-2017], 'Winter's Knife' [12-2011], 'Unseasonal Splash' [12-2013] and Dragonfly Dance [13-2013] have also been published in the journal's Diamond Jubilee isue (2020).
- 'Silence on the Sand' [27-2020] has been published this month in One Planet, an online anthology edited by Linda France, Climate Writer in Residence for the University and New Writing North, as part of the 2020 Newcastle University Alumni Day of Action.
- 'Migrant Hawker' [32-2012] and 'Notes from a Netting Station' [25-2013] have been published this month in Where Shallows Talk: Poetry and Prose inspired by the Paintings of Sir Alfred Munnings, edited by Dr Tim Gardiner for The Munnings Art Museum.
- 'Elegy for Idris Davies' [55/2001] is among the October 'Poems of the Month' selection on the Second Light website.
- 'Mount's Bay' [21-2020] has been published in Reach Poetry #264, Indigo Dreams Publishing.
- Two poems, [19-2020] and [21-2020], accepted for publication in Reach Poetry, Indigo Dreams Publishing.
- My poem, 'Spring Fever in the South of France' [3-2019] has been awarded Second Place in the Petrarchan Sonnet Fixed Form Competition (Category A) for Metverse Muse, India. Two other poems, 'Butterfly Brooch from Raasay' [7-2017] and 'Thoughts from a Tudor Rose Garden' [4-2020] have been published in the Triple Issue 57-59 of the journal.
- My poem, 'Wildfire' [11-2020], has been accepted for 'Locked Down: poems, diaries and art from the 2020 pandemic, an international anthology of lockdown poems' to be published by Poetry Space (ed. Sue Sims).
- My poem, 'Elegy for Idris Davies' [55/2001], is now online here as part of the Poetry Library Southbank Centre's digitisation of The Seventh Quarry (ed. Peter Thabit Jones, Wales).
- I completed Jim Bennett's (most enjoyable) PoetryKit course on 'Nature Poetry'.
- My poem, 'Eris and the Apple' [13/2020], has been published alongside artwork by Jongo Park (South Korea) on p.69 in the 7th international eBook edition of Immagine e Poesia, edited by Huguette Bertrand (Canada) and Lidia Chiarelli (Italy). The anthology is dedicated to Lawrence Ferlinghetti to mark his 101st birthday.
- My poem, 'Bound for Sicily' [19/2017], has been published in Reach Poetry from Indigo Dreams Publishing.
- I completed Jim Bennett's (most enjoyable) PoetryKit course on 'Using Traditional Forms in Modern Poetry'.
- My poem, 'The Beachcomber' [24/2018], has been published in Reach Poetry from Indigo Dreams Publishing.
- My poem, 'Warkworth Hermitage: a Place Apart' [29/2018], published in Reach Poetry from Indigo Dreams Publishing, was awarded 4th Place in The Box for the Readers' Vote.
* * *
2020 Poetry Summary - here
2019 Poetry Summary - here
2018 Poetry Summary - here
2017 Poetry Summary -
2016 Poetry Summary - here
2015 Poetry Summary - here
2014 Poetry Summary - here
2013 Poetry Summary - here
2012 Poetry Summary - here
2011 Poetry Summary - here
Awards, Photography, Art and
older CV items - here
2012: The Holy Place, Launch and Reviews - here